Our process centers around the needs of the client and developing an effective investment plan. Goals, objectives, and risk tolerances vary. One investor could emphasize safety and security while another growth and performance. It's important that the investment plan address their particular needs.
Investment plans provide the general framework for investing and decision making. A sound plan reduces the likelihood an investor drifts off course. Increasing the probability of success.
Basic framework for an investment plan:
1. Set clear, objective and appropriate goals
2. Identify and list constraints such as income, savings, time, and rates of return
3. Choose an asset allocation that is suitable, balanced, and diversified
4. Rebalance portfolio's annually (or when necessary)
5. Monitor, evaluate, and adjust as needed